ALL SYSTEMS NOT A GO!!
We’ve all been there. Eating with our eyes first, and later feeling like we’ve just spent the last 5 hours playing a marathon of Super Mario Bros inside our tummy. You’ve passed the level of comfort and reached the point of wondering why you started in the first place.
Maintaining a healthy digestive system year round can be difficult for anyone. Maintaining it during the holiday season adds another level of difficulty with the amount of tempting foods that surround us. Between the months of October-January, the ability to consume more unhealthy fats, sugars, and carbs with all the extra holiday treats we eat can lead to many digestive issues. Bottom line, the digestive system slows down leading to upset stomachs, constipation or diarrhea, bloating, possible heartburn and reflux.
With over 200 over the counter (OTC) remedies available to you finding the right one for your symptoms can be a struggle. Over 100 million American’s suffer from digestive upset and several top 10 selling drugs are related to this very issue. Having digestive issues can be debilitating to many but you can take preventative measures to help yourself and minimise your chances of discomfort.
BE YOUR OWN FOOD DETECTIVE IN 5 STEPS
Following these basic guidelines towards preventing digestive problems over the holiday season can be the key to maintaining a happier and healthier you.
1. Maintain your daily fiber intake through high fiber grains or vegetables, taking a fiber supplement, or try adding flaxseed into your diet.
2. Eat slowly. This allows you to recognize you’re full before you overeat. Especially over the holiday season with so many tempting foods it’s easy to eat quickly and go back for seconds before realizing you’ve probably upset the whole balance of your digestive system.
3. Limit as much processed foods as possible. Increased amounts of dairy, processed meats, grains, and sugars can all lead to indigestion. Our digestive system needs balance. Too much unhealthy processed foods can create bad bacteria and yeast growth inside our stomach. These extra amounts of bacteria and yeast set off all the good bacteria creating havoc.
4. Drink more water and limit your amount of soda and alcohol. Water keeps you hydrated, energized, and keeps your digestive track on point.
5. Keep yourself active. During the holiday season it’s easy to keep sitting while you’re socializing with friends and family. Try taking a social walk to keep your digestive track active.
An unhealthy digestive system has been linked to dermatology concerns such as eczema and minor skin irritations, yeast infections, and even depression. The best ways to combat your digestive health is to maintain a healthy lifestyle. It doesn’t take much to upset the balance inside your tummy to create a stomach ache or minor indigestion, so imagine the effects after years of mistreating your digestive tract.
LEVELLING UP YOUR SUPPLEMENTAL HEALTH
Even adhering to some simple guidelines, you might still be feeling the side effects of a slowed down digestive system. If you’re experiencing that upset stomach, bloating, bathroom issues, or just a general feeling of digestive discomfort you may want to stock up, or make a trip to obtain some helpful digestive aids.
This supplement can provide your digestive system with the ability to maintain a healthier balance enabling for easier digestion. It also aids in immune support.
Acidophilus supports a favorable environment for the absorption of nutrients, encourages intestinal microflora balance, and promotes the healthy functioning of the intestinal system.** Intestinal microflora imbalance may lead to inefficient digestion. Each capsule contains 20 billion active cultures from a combination of Lactobacillus acidophilus and B. lactis for advanced support.*
**20 billion active cultures per capsule guaranteed at time of manufacture
2. Ginger Root
This supplement can provide relief towards an upset stomach and helps support a healthy digestive system. It can also help the feeling of nausea.
This natural supplement can aid in protein digestion, breaking down fats, and leveling blood sugars.
DON’T FORGET TO POWER UP YOUR VITAMIN HEALTH
Essential vitamins such as vitamins A, B, C and D are required for maintaining a healthy digestive system for life. Don’t forget to power up and keep yourself on point!
Vitamin A – aids in nourishing the mucosal tissues in the digestive tract enabling it to work at an optimal level.
Vitamin B’s – aids by helping the digestive system process protein, turn carbs into energy, and break down fats and alcohol.
Vitamin C – aids by producing collagen to repair and maintain the digestive tract, helps iron absorption, and may help protect against certain cancers.
Vitamin D – may help in protecting against diseases in the digestive system.
A healthy lifestyle will help preserve your digestive system year round which can help anyone during the holiday season. Having a balanced diet, regular exercise, and finding ways to limit your amount of daily stress will lead you in the right direction. Together with the right digestive supplements and vitamins your body will able to minimise the effects of holiday eating and revel in a more joyous outcome during the holiday season.